Towards the Thought Process of Slope Disaster Prevention in the Digital Era｜2023a019
- How to hold: On line
- Main language: English
- Type/Category: Grant for Supporting the Advancement of Female Researchers-Workshop (I)
- Title of Research Project: Towards the Thought Process of Slope Disaster Prevention in the Digital Era
- Principal Investigator: Mai Sawada(School of Environment and Society, Tokyo Institute of Technology / Associate Professor)
- Research Period: November 18, 2023. – November 22, 2023.
- Open to the Public: November 20, 2023. , November 22, 2023.
- Details of the Research Plan: https://joint1.imi.kyushu-u.ac.jp/en_research_chooses/view/2023a019
November 22, 2023
12:15 – 13:00
Prof. Chandan Ghosh（National Institute of Disaster Management, India）
Use of CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) for the monitoring of disease causing Pathogens and Air pollution: Mathematical modeling,
CFD, Software (inverse modelling), e.g. Fluidyn, decision making tool/protocol for the administration
Abstracts：A large number of industrial accidents start as a leak of a toxic or flammable gas in atmosphere. Controlling the risk involves the right assessment of the extent of the gas cloud from any leaking equipment or storage tank for both onsite and offsite effects. CFD helps assessing the hazardous consequence of toxic and flammable release in 3D dispersion modelling in complex geometries. Areas of application
Flammable gas dispersion
Toxic gas dispersion
Safety measures design and performance analysis
Gas sensor layout optimization (smoke, toxic gas, flammable gas)
Leaks identification by inverse modeling
Data collection: use of LoRA sensors, InSAR data, and GPS enabled/guided ground station to measure all the basic parameters-CO2, SOx, NOx, CO, PM1.0,2.5, 10…temperature, humidity, wind speed, O3, Ammonia, Lead.
We can elaborate more soon
Advance registration is required.
Free participation fee.
(Registration also requires Organizing Committee members and speakers.)
Registration may be closed when the number of participants reaches the maximum.
＼Please go to the following link for registration.／